Biological Specimen Transport 2020
About the Course
This course assists shippers of infectious substances, and associated items, to interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) to shipments being sent by air domestically and internationally.
It will help you apply the classification, packaging, documentation, marking and labeling requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations with regard to infectious substances and understand the requirements set down by the Regulatory authorities
Meets CASA requirements for Group F employees whose duties involve shipping dangerous goods (specifically Infectious substances in Division 6.2, with or without Dry Ice UN1845, or Class 3 flammable liquids permitted to preserve the Division 6.2 items).
- Infectious Substances, Category
- Category B, diagnostic specimens & biological products for testing
- Exempt human and animal specimens
- Shipments of dry ice or cryogenic liquids as refrigerants
- Medical waste shipments
- Small quantities of ethanol, formaldehyde and formalin