Its essential you and your employees KNOW the Dangerous Goods that your organisation are handling and that you meet the necessary requirements of regulation and legislation.
This knowledge can be gained through a certificate in the Dangerous Good Awareness.
- Regulations and legislation apply to all employees involved in the transport of the Dangerous Goods from start to finish in the process.
- Ensure you are up to date with new IATA requirements – This knowledge can be gained through a certificate in the Dangerous Good Awareness course.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of packaging and the properties of hazardous materials – including labeling and storage -and ensure that employees have the right knowledge to handle hazardous chemicals in particular.
- Training is essential – making sure your employees understand what to be aware of is what we do at DG Trainer. This is not just limited to handlers, but also those who approve documentation, packers, operators, and delivery operators – everyone in your chain of command is reflective of your business practices and it is your responsibility if anything goes wrong
- Ensure your documentation is accurate – this is critical for hazardous materials, and it is essential to clearly communicate to other chains of shipping and handling. DG Trainer’s courses offer a broad range of options to help cover this.